Collaborative last mile delivery with Shopopop
Sector: Clean Mobility
Shopopop is a French-based company that developed a collaborative solution that offers local delivery services. Its digital platform brings together online customers who need to be delivered at home, stores and individuals (the “shoppers”) who take advantage of their daily commute to deliver the goods.
Shopopop relies on a continuously growing community of active shoppers that receive in exchange for their service a financial compensation as a contribution to their costs. This network, unique in Europe, enables retailers to solve the last mile problem and deliver to their customers in less than two hours, particularly in sparsely populated areas. Thanks to this virtuous model, Shopopop makes it possible to optimize mobility flows while having a positive environmental impact based on strong values like social ties, local communities and a low carbon footprint.
Partner stores are major food retailers, specialized retailers and local merchants, with their main customers being are all major French supermarkets, and retail chains (flowers, leisure, DIY…).
deliveries per month
users and 1,700+ active store partners
of CO2 eq. avoided in 2022
Why We Invested in Shopopop
To build the European leader of collaborative last mile delivery for retail around a strong set of social and environmental values:
- Consolidate leadership on core business segments in the domestic market
- Diversification on new retail segments
- International expansion to neighboring European countries
- Democratizing a strong social and environmental positioning to the delivery industry
The company contributes to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, by essence and in particular :
- SDG 13 – Climate change by avoiding emissions of tons of CO2 by logistics activity by leveraging existing trips to perform the delivery
- SDG 8 – Decent work and economic growth by the jobs created within Shopopop and the tips distributed to the shoppers as a contribution to their commute costs
- SDG 11 – Sustainable cities and communities by saving kms for dedicated trips and allowing people to benefit of grocery delivery also in less dense areas
- SDG 3 – Good health and well-being by reducing direct and indirect GHG emissions in cities
> Learn more from the press release