We are transformational infrastructure specialists dedicated to helping make the UN Sustainable Development Goals happen.
We believe that reaching these 17 ambitious targets is essential for the future of people and the planet by tackling climate change, building resilient communities and protecting the environment.
And we have the expertise and creativity to make a real impact. Our people are hands-on problem-solvers, focused on three impact areas – critical public services, sustainable mobility, and innovative low carbon solutions.
We deliver sustainable and resilient infrastructure over the long term, support and accelerate the development of innovative, ambitious and fast-growing SMEs involved in the ecological transition.
Investing responsibly has the power to build economic growth and dramatically improve people’s lives. It’s why we promise long-term commitment to every project and every community we serve. For today’s world, tomorrow’s progress and the good of future generations.
Where we work
We help countries in both developed and emerging markets across Europe, Africa and the Americas. By creating new and essential infrastructure and replacing ageing services, we hope to improve the quality of people’s lives. Founded in Paris in 2005, we now have eleven offices and over 380 employees around the world, and our assets have created over 237,300 direct and indirect jobs.
Our impact areas
We are focused on delivering impact in three areas: Critical public services, Sustainable mobility, and Innovative low carbon solutions. Our integrated approach to investment ensures we can maximise economical, environmental and social benefit across every project.
Critical public services
Hospitals, schools and nurseries, court houses and university accommodation, and similar initiatives that improve access to essential health and education services. Always aiming to ensure that all our assets are built to maximise benefits and provide positive impacts for communities and environment.
Roads, rail, ports and airports, alongside trams, electric buses, tunnels and electric vehicle charging points. Modern assets that improve transport infrastructure and services for people while preserving the environment.
Innovative low carbon solutions
Harnessing solar, hydroelectric, geothermal energy, biomass and biogas, while creating technology to minimise power use at home and work. Bringing renewable power to communities, improving countries’ energy mix and helping bring down global greenhouse emissions.
We believe we can make a bigger impact if we share our knowledge and experience with academic institutions, non-profit groups, entrepreneurs and investors.
We are particularly keen to be involved in initiatives that support sustainable development goals at a grassroots level. In 2015 we established our corporate endowment fund that further strengthens our ability to support impactful assets on gender equality and biodiversity.
Our academic partnerships include:
- Collaborating with universities around the world, including École des Ponts ParisTech
- Founding the Research Chair in Equity Investment in Infrastructure with the EDHEC-Risk Institute , supporting the creation of a benchmark for infrastructure (EDHEC Infra) and new prudential rules
- Backing the Toulouse School of Economics’ research programme devoted to long-term sustainability and investment
Entrepreneurship and youth engagement support includes:
- Working with the Entrepreneurs de la Cité Foundation since 2008 on its valuable work fighting exclusion of disadvantaged communities in France
- Backing the ADOS association to help develop career opportunities for young people from the disadvantaged neighbourhoods of Paris
- Identifying and increasing the potential of inclusive leaders with associations including Empow’Her , Bond’Innov , Ashoka
Other initiatives include:
- The Africa Infrastructure Fellowship Program (AIFP), a public-private initiative developed by the Global Infrastructure Hub (GI Hub) and Meridiam with the support of the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, the AIFP is a unique public-private initiative designed to upskill African government infrastructure specialists and enable them to facilitate increased investment in a pipeline of new sustainable infrastructure developments. Partners of the program include the International Finance Corporation, MIGA (World Bank Group), the French Development Agency, Société Générale, the African Legal Support Facility, Colas, among many others.
- The FAST-Infra Group (FIG), an initiative conceived collectively by the Climate Policy Initiative (CPI), HSBC, the OECD, the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and the World Bank Group’s Global Infrastructure Platform (GIF) in 2022 and that aims to provide solutions for mobilising finance on a large scale to accelerate the development of sustainable infrastructure around the world. To promote concrete and inclusive solutions to bridge the current investment gap in sustainable infrastructure, the FAST-Infra Group is focusing on three strategic solutions:
– Certify the sustainability of infrastructure projects with the FAST-Infra Sustainable Infrastructure Label®.
– Increase the volume of bankable projects via the FAST-Infra Platform
– Accelerate innovation in the field of sustainable infrastructure with FAST-Infra Beyond.
Meridiam is a founding member of FIG.
- Meridiam initiated the Long-Term Infrastructure Investor Association (LTIIA) with a group of global institutional investors, to form an industry association for long-term investing in infrastructure. This independent organization, led by investors, aims at increasing the knowledge base to encourage quality sustainable investment in infrastructure. A key component includes sharing and promoting ESG best practices between investors.
More about Meridiam
Our mission & values
Together with our investors and partners, we deliver sustainable infrastructure that improves the quality of people’s lives. We are so resolutely committed to this mission that we have written it into our company by-laws.Find out more
How we work
Our assets are wide-ranging, but we approach each one with the same attitude. This is how we ensure our efforts are focused on the most worthwhile action.Find out more
We’re a team of diverse specialists, and together we’re united in our mission to improve the quality of people’s lives through transformational infrastructure.Find out more