The Vélodrome Project comprises the design, construction, operation and maintenance of a velodrome that was initially proposed for the 2012 Olympic Games in Paris and will be one of the official venues for the 2024 Games.
The Velodrome is a popular sporting venue, regularly hosting major indoor cycling events, and providing a training and coaching centre for the Fédération Française de Cyclisme. Furthermore, the Velodrome is an important sports and social centre for the local community with cyclists of all levels using the facility.
In addition to track and BMX, the venue is used for badminton, combat sports and fitness training classes. The Velodrome’s banked track provides a backdrop for corporate events, with the facility used for conferences and business meetings.
Meridiam initially held 85% of the shares in Vélopolis SAS, with the remaining 15% held by Bouygues. In 2014, Meridiam acquired 100% of Bouygues’ shares.
ESG/SDG Key Facts
After completion, the Velodrome was audited by Certivéa as a pilot project for High Environmental Quality sports facilities and was given a “strong performance” grade (the best possible) for items related to construction and management.