Dec 7, 2020
Meridiam and Vinci designated as preferred bidder for the D4 motorway PPP contract in the Czech Republic
• One of the first motorway public-private partnerships (PPP) awarded in the Czech Republic
• A 28-year PPP representing an investment of around CZK 16.5 billion (around €600 million)
• Design and construction to be carried out by Eurovia, operation and maintenance by VINCI Highways
Nov 30, 2020
Meridiam acquires eight public infrastructures in Spain and reinforces its footprint in public infrastructure in the country
A strategic operation that accelerates Meridiam's development in essential health, education and mobility services
Oct 29, 2020
Meridiam successfully achieves financial close for final section of A465 road in Wales
Meridiam has successfully completed the financial closing of the last section of the A465 road in South East Wales. Meridiam and its partner FCC, a leading player in environmental services, water and infrastructure development, won this 30-year concession contract in June 2020. The project valued at more than 500 million euros is the first one procured by Welsh Government under the Mutual Investment Model (MIM) framework, a new Public Private Partnership model. MIM schemes have been developed to provide and support more than £1 billion of social and economic infrastructure projects in Wales and help improve the public services of the country.
Oct 26, 2020
Meridiam becomes the majority shareholder of Voltalis, the European leader in Demand Response for residential and commercial end-users
• Voltalis: an innovative solution at the heart of the energy transition that benefits both small electricity consumers and the power system,
• A renewed ambition: 1 million homes operated by 2024 in Europe and beyond, with 500,000 in France alone.
• More services to be offered to the participants, including batteries, electric vehicles and solar self-consumption.
Oct 22, 2020
Meridiam won a contract to develop the Miami Beach Monorail project
Miami Beach Monorail Consortium led by Meridiam was just awarded a contract to develop a sustainable and mass-public transit link between downtown Miami and the city of Miami beach.
This 5.6 km (3.5 mile) innovated elevated monorail will enhance Miami-Dade County’s standing as a smart city. It will provide a resilient, safe and constant connection between downtown Miami and the city of Miami Beach and will serve as a vital link between the two cities in preparedness of both rising sea levels and the threat of storm surge during hurricanes.
Oct 6, 2020
First public private training program for African infrastructure public sector commences
Today the Global Infrastructure Hub (GI Hub) and Meridiam announced the commencement of training for the first cohort of fellows of the Africa Infrastructure Fellowship Program (AIFP), a public-private initiative designed to upskill African government infrastructure specialists and enable them to facilitate increased investment in a pipeline of new sustainable infrastructure developments.