A global reach
Assisting governments in their strategic planning
|Meridiam partners with international institutions and governments to take part in various initiatives. Highlights of Meridiam’s experience include:|
- The November 2011 signing of a cooperation agreement with the UK Treasury to foster long term investment in the context of the Project Finance Initiative (PFI),
- Our role in the long-term investment project of the OECD, which issues recommendations to the authorities of developed and emerging countries concerning the mobilization of long-term capital to meet public infrastructure needs, particularly within the G20 framework,
- Participation of several Meridiam experts in the PPP task force of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE).
An expertise on infrastructure
sought by European institutions
We have regular opportunities to deploy our expertise at the European level. For example:
• The European Commission and the European Investment Bank (EIB) invited Meridiam to contribute to the early phases of the Europe 2020 Project Bond Initiative,
A strong institutional base in the United States
Meridiam has been present in the North American market since its beginning in 2005. In fact, the company is one of the leading investors in major public infrastructure projects in both the United States and Canada. Jane Garvey is the Chairman of the North American Infrastructure team. She has served as an advisor to President Obama and is a former administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration and the Federal Highway Administration. Ms. Garvey currently chairs the Board of the Bipartisan Policy Project, a group of congressional members and experts working primarily on transportation policy.
Strategic partnerships around the world
Meridiam has forged several strategic partnerships across the globe, including with:
• Development Bank of Japan (DBJ), a powerful institutional connection to the country’s financial institutions and a key player in financing of Japanese economy. DBJ is considered to be a world leader in infrastructure project finance,